CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Bede's High School, Chisholm is seeking a temporary Part-time Food Technology Assistant for 15 hours per week to provide support in the teaching of Food Technology for the 2020 school year.
• experience in food handling and preparation within a school environment is preferred.
• demonstrated knowledge of current food safety practices and standards.
• to ensure the general cleanliness, tidiness and smooth operation of the kitchen on a daily basis.
• ability to setup for Food Technology practical and demonstration lessons
• ability to maintain equipment, resources and accurate kitchen documentation for Food Technology and Hospitality.
• ability to monitor and control stock.
• strong communication skills and the ability to work independently, cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
• willingness to support the ethos of Catholic school.
• ability to maintain a safe working environment
• ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes within the College
• access and use of computer-based information sources to manage ordering, stock control and WH&S requirements
• experience in food handling and preparation
• ecellent organisational skills
• Safe Food Handling Certification from Registered Training organisation
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Current Working With Children (WWC) clearance;
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 11 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Bede's Catholic College
24A Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to the Principal, John Murphy. Please email this directly to the School Officer, Joanne West at email@example.com.
Applications Close: 3.00pm 11th December 2019