CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Bede’s High School, Chisholm is seeking a temporary part time Learning Support Assistant commencing in 2020.
To provide support in learning, organisation and behaviour management for students with additional needs at St Bede's Catholic College for 15 hours per week.
St Bede's College is the newest school in the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle which opened in 2018 with a Year 7 cohort of approximately 100 students and is situated adjacent to St Aloysius Primary School which opened in 2015. St Bede's will eventually operate Years 7-12 accommodating a co-educational student population in excess of 1000 students.
• Certificate III in Special Education (minimum)
• Supportive of the Catholic School ethos
• Cooperative nature, kind manner and capable of supporting children in their learning
• Competent level of literacy and numeracy and the confidence to assist students with their literacy and numeracy
• Capable of working under the supervision of the Learning Support Coordinator and Classroom Teachers
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students and other teachers
• Ability to contribute as a member of a team and assist in the planning, preparation and implementation of personalised plans and programs to enhance student support
Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Highly developed computer skills and an ability to use technology for education support.
• Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and ability to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
• Understanding of non-violent crisis intervention strategies for secondary school students
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 11 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Bede's Catholic College
24A Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to the Principal, John Murphy. Please email this directly to the School Officer, Joanne West at email@example.com.
Applications Close: 11th December, 2019 at 12.00PM