Location: MAYFIELD St Dominic's Centre
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full Time
Description: Full-time Temporary Learning Support Officer Position to provide support in learning and behaviour management at St Dominic's Centre, Mayfield for 30 hours per week.
- Willing to support the mission of the Catholic School
- Highly developed computer skills and an ability to use technology for education support
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Must have a cooperative nature and kind manner and be capable of supporting children with high support needs in their learning and independence
- Must have experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and be able to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
- Preferred applicant may be required to work across all stages of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mod, Intellectual Disability and Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- A relevant understanding of the philosophy at Catholic Education.
- Applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012 and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach.
- Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
- Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained Learning Support Officer and has experience catering for students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mod, Intellectual Disability and Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Ability to implement individualized positive behaviour which supports and responds to critical incidents using MAPA Strategies.
- Qualifications in Special Education and experience teaching students with developmental disabilities.
- Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php). Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Commencement: Starts 29.01.2019
Finishing Date: 21.12.2019
Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Applications Close: Tuesday 04 December, 2018
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Name: Vicki McLaughlin (Vicki.McLaughlin@mn.catholic.edu.au)
By email (preferred):
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info The application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and statements addressing the criteria. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Please email applications to Principal as directed or applications will be received at the school up to 9am on the closing date.