ADAMSTOWN St Pius X High School
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
St Pius X High School is seeking a full-time Permanent School Officer - Library Assistant to commence in 2020.
The community at St Pius X High School aims for excellence in all areas of study, providing a range of opportunities for all students to experience success. A co-educational Catholic school serving students from Years 7 to 10, St Pius X has a proud history and an excellent reputation for academic and cultural excellence in the Newcastle region.
The School Officer - Library Assistant assists the Teacher Librarian and relevant school staff to implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning. Within a contemporary school learning environment, the role of the School Officer - Library Assistant has three key dimensions:
Assisting with information and resource management;
Assisting in the promotion of literacy and reading;
Organisational, administrative and clerical support within the school.
Note: Where appropriate, the School Officer - Library Assistant may be required by the principal to undertake other duties in the school from time to time.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team;
• Ability to foster and promote positive and personal relationships with the entire school community;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Understanding and support for the ethos of Catholic schools.
• Applicants must have completed, or will complete (within four years of appointment) a Certificate III: Library and Information Services;
• Ability to accession and manage the circulation of resources;
• Computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn new applications;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Experience in the OLIVER OPAC system;
• Experience in the stocktake and weeding of a virtual and physical collection;
• Experience working in a school library environment.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 15 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Pius X High School
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Emery: firstname.lastname@example.org