The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a School Officer to be part of the front face of St Bernardine’s School at Student Reception. Typical duties/skills required, but not limited to, are: -
* Follow up marking of student rolls on a daily basis.
* Sending messages to parents via text for unexplained absences.
* Processing of late arrivals and early departures.
* Monitor, order and receipt deliveries of stationery and general office supplies.
* Required to hold a First Aid Certifcate and Blue Card.
* Administering of student medication/maintenance of student health care plans.
* Manage sick bay.
* Carry out a wide range of secretarial duties at an advanced level, including basic level finance processes.
* Supporting the School Officer: Front Reception and other administration staff as required.
* Maintain central filing/records systems as required.
* Support teaching staff when required. - General office duties.
St Bernardines School is a vibrant Catholic School that caters for students from Prep to Yr 6. St Bernardine’s has enrolment of over 740 students and our motto is To Serve, To Challenge. At St Bernardines we work as a community to foster a safe and nurturing educational environment. We are committed to providing strong spiritual, academic, sporting and cultural diversity of curriculum.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 23rd April 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Until end of 2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 33.75 hrs per week - Monday to Friday each week.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 4
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Nick Gallen
Contact Telephone Number: 3800 1854
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window