School Premises Manager
Full Time, Permanent
Salary PO1 – £36,618 to £37,491
(PO2 may be available, subject to experience and qualifications)
Cardinal Pole Catholic School is looking to appoint an exceptional School Premises Manager to play a key role in our school.
You will lead the cleaning staff and you will play a key role in improvement planning and providing strategic vision.
Cardinal Pole is a mixed 11-18 popular oversubscribed school. In September 2012 the school moved to a state of the art building. There are currently over 1000 students on roll.
We are looking for someone for this role as soon as possible who can:
• Can demonstrate significant successful experience of managing a premises and/or cleaning team
• Has the ability to lead and quality assure the delivery of facilities management
• will contribute to the development of the school
• Has excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues, peers and teams
• Has a recognised qualification in at least one building maintenance, building construction or engineering services discipline (City & Guilds or similar)
• Has experience of monitoring and liaising with contractors and suppliers
• Full working knowledge of relevant policies / codes of practice / legislation
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to develop the role by building on the successful work to date
• an excellent physical environment, with good public transport networks
• Support of an experienced School Business Manager
• staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• the opportunity to work in an experienced team where your skills, enthusiasm and desire to succeed will be recognised.
Our most recent inspection from the Diocese of Westminster graded the school as outstanding in every category.
Ofsted report 2017 - Outstanding Sixth Form grade, Outstanding grade for Welfare and Safety and Good in all other categories
To apply, please email your completed application, recruitment monitoring and Rehabilitation of Offenders form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in the post for the attention of Stacey Wright, HR Advisor.
We also welcome visits to the school prior to application. These can be arranged by contacting Stacey Wright on 020 8985 5150 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 9th March 2021 at 8.30am
Interviews: Friday 12th March 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken. We are an Equal Opportunities employer with excellent CPD provision.
We can offer you professional development to begin or advance your career. You will be part of a school that is established in developing practitioners and nurturing future leaders. The opportunities for progression at Cardinal Pole are significant. We offer a range of CPD, including multiple Middle Leadership pathways in addition to supporting preparation for Senior Leadership via MA study, NPQSL and SLT secondment opportunities. There is no doubt that these opportunities will help you achieve your own career ambitions rapidly.
Why work at Cardinal Pole?
Cardinal Pole is a unique school and an educating community. As a Catholic school, the success our students has been achieved with a different philosophy to many other inner city schools. Come and see it for yourself. We aim for our school to be a challenging but humane community, where we seek to ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We also make sure all of our students pursue a rich programme of study at all key stages appropriate for their age and ability, ensuring that there is no narrowing of the curriculum.
These aims, coupled with high expectations for everyone has resulted in remarkable success for our students.
• Academic results that places the school in the top 10% of all schools in the country for progress at GCSE. (Current Progress 8 Score +0.37)
• A-Level and Vocational results that place the Sixth Form in the Top 2% nationally for progress (ALPs 2 over last 3 years)
• An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic and passionate about securing the very best outcomes for the community we serve.
• Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels including part-funded MA study (T&Cs apply)
• Sophisticated modern school building set in the heart of vibrant Hackney
• Free staff access to a modern and high quality gym
• A proactive and thriving staff well-being group
• Free Breakfast Club every day for staff and students
• Free Bike servicing for staff and cycle to work scheme
• Travel Loans. Interest free loans to assist staff in meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
Cardinal Pole Roman Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Cardinal Pole Catholic School is a mixed, comprehensive, Roman Catholic secondary school with sixth form situated in Hackney, East London. It is a voluntary-aided state school and falls under the Archdiocese of Westminster. An average-sized secondary...