Unique opportunity to join a new school in North London:
• Do you want to play a key role in the founding of an exciting, new, and innovative school?
• Do you want to move your career forward in an environment which nurtures talent and has scope for career progression?
• Do you want to be part of an exciting new venture that aims to transform the lives of children?
As a brand new school, One Degree Academy has been given a rare opportunity to raise standards of education in North London. Our Primary school opened in September 2016; we now have Reception, Years 1 and 2. We aim to transform the lives of our students through our persistent and relentless focus on the small but important details and actions necessary for great teaching.
We know that success and habits of excellence are achieved through perseverance and incremental improvement - ‘one degree’ at a time. This idea is at the heart of our school. Whether you are an experienced administrator or someone seeking to enter this profession, you will play a key part in the academy’s development. As with our students, we want to grow and develop our administration team, ‘step by step’: all staff receive weekly instructional coaching with potential opportunities to progress as the school grows.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding school receptionist and administrator to help found and develop our new school. We are looking for someone with a positive and professional attitude, who will thrive serving the needs of our visitors, staff, children and parents. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help shape One Degree Academy from its beginnings, and to be part of something profound and special.
Successful candidates will:
• be proactive, have strong communication skills, be organised, efficient, reliable with a positive attitude and enjoy working with children and adults
• be a self-starter with great initiative, problem solving skills and high expectations.
• welcome feedback and be committed to the idea of continuous improvement and self-development
• be committed to the One Degree Academy vision and values.
In this role, you will have the opportunity:
• to join an engaged staff and organisation utterly committed to developing its staff through incremental improvement - step by step
• to play a key role developing our school, with the potential to progress as the school grows
• to be part of something profound and special
Download an application pack from https://onedegreeacademy.org/joinourteam/vacancies/
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 21st January at 12:00pm
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
To visit the school or if you have any questions, please email Joe Howlett: Jhowlett@onedegreeacademy.org
• To be the lead receptionist, welcoming and providing a high level of service to visitors, staff, parents and children.
• To maintain effective systems and processes in the administration of the school.
• To provide general clerical assistance to the school, including support of the Finance and HR administrator
• To maintain and update paper and electronic records, with an appropriate level of discretion
• To organise the sorting and distribution of post
• To monitor and maintain stock supplies, order and distribute as required
• To support in maintenance of the school website in conjunction with the Chief Operations Officer.
• To provide effective communication with parents, staff and visitors
• To own the reception area, ensuring a high-quality, positive, efficient service is maintained at all times
• To act as an ambassador for the school
• To undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries, responding to school access buzzer and signing in visitors.
• To provide general advice, guidance and direction to pupils, visitors and staff members
• To maintain stock levels of refreshments and ensure these are provided to parents and visitors as required
First Aid and Welfare
• To undertake First Aid at Work training (If Required)
• To assist with pupil first aid and welfare duties, looking after sick pupils and liaising with parents and medical professionals where required.
• To be active in issues of student welfare and support, including supporting at break and lunch times
• To participate in appraisal and undertake training as required
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal
• Support the academy’s values and ethos