We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated candidate to join our outstanding school as a School Receptionist.
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
To work on the school reception desk of Kensington Aldridge Academy, dealing with visitors, pupils, staff and other stakeholder groups and to provide comprehensive and high quality administrative support to the academy.
• To be the public face of the academy, acting as receptionist and providing a welcoming first point of contact for visitors and parents, presenting a positive image of the academy.
• To greet visitors to the reception area, displaying due courtesy and tact, ensuring that they are welcomed into a friendly and professional environment and signed in appropriately.
• To deal with all incoming calls ensuring that they are answered in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
• To ensure that all calls and messages are correctly routed to their intended recipients, or an appropriate member of staff, to enable a quick and effective communication system.
• To receive and check deliveries to the academy and distribute accordingly.
• To support with administration associated with Parents’ Evenings, Open Evenings and other key Academy events, providing front of house support where required.
• To be responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of central stationary and replacing key items in good time.
• To assist with the sorting and distribution of all incoming post (ensuring that all post is distributed on a daily basis.)
• To log and weigh outgoing post, ensuring correct postage, dealing with recorded deliver requests etc.
• To be aware of the school diary and daily’s schedule, school’s website and Reception screen and be willing to learn and assist with update if necessary.
• To assist with relevant meetings as requested including arranging refreshments.
• To support the development of systems and structures which will lead to the smoothest possible running of the academy day-to-day.
• To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the Academy’s priorities.
• To maintain a presence around the school to ensure that the highest standards of behaviour and site-usage are upheld.
• To undertake other related duties which may be required from time to time within a reasonable workload.
• To be willing to undertake additional responsibility as the academy grows and the opportunities arise.
• 180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year, which include the opportunity for teachers to work from home.
• Two week half term in October.
• Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
• Free weekly staff wellbeing activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
• Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to Jacqueline Crome at email@example.com by 12pm on Thursday 22nd August 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.