Term time only – 39 weeks 25 hours per week - Monday to Friday 8:15 am – 1:15 pm One year fixed term
Franciscan is a happy, busy school where good team work is highly valued and appreciated.
As of September 2018 Franciscan Primary School will become part of the Graveney Trust [Multi Academy Trust]. Franciscan will continue to deliver its core values as a ‘Rights Respecting’ school, with the advantages of having access to Graveney School’s outstanding facilities as well as the Trust’s strength in delivering a traditional education, supported by excellent behaviour.
We are looking for a positive, proactive and forward thinking School Receptionist, who will be vital in the smooth running of the day to day activity of the office and school. Candidates will have a strong emphasis in working as a team to strive towards the schools aim of excellence during its exciting conversion to becoming part of a highly successful Trust.
You will be a good communicator with relevant administrative experience, in a changeable and fast paced environment.
You will need;
- Experience of reception duties, acting as the initial point of call for visitors, staff, pupils and parents, including managing the signing in/out of visitors using the school Entry Sign-in management system.
- To be able to respond to telephone, email and postal correspondence as necessary
- To be able to build strong relationships and liaise with all school staff, to ensure the smooth running of the front of house reception service
- To provide support for staff across the school, including the Leadership team and Governors
- The ability to assess workload needs and prioritise effectively
- A professional manner; respecting the need for confidentiality
- Knowledge of SIMs (Desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a school is preferable
- Sound ICT experience (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and the Internet)
- Support the schools transition to join the highly regarded Multi Academy Graveney Trust from September 2018
We are committed to ensuring that all staff have excellent opportunities for professional development.
We offer the opportunity to play a significant role in a school with a strong team ethos, motivated pupils and a friendly and supportive working environment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and have been scheduled as follows;
- Thursday 14th June - 9.15 am
- Monday 18th June – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday 19th June - 9.15 am
Please contact the School Office on 0208 672 3084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
If you have any enquiries please either email email@example.com or call the school office on 0208 672 3048.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Human Resources department, at the school address. (Please note: Personal statements must be no longer than 2 sides of A4)
Closing date: 27 June 2018 (at noon) Interviews: week commencing 02 July 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 5pm on 27 June 2018, you have not been successful in your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
FRANCISCAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
221 Franciscan Road,
London, SW17 8HQ
Tel: 0208 672 3048
Fax: 0208 672 9452
Headteacher: Mrs Pat Andre-Watson