School Science Laboratory Technician, 36 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year)
Scale 4 of NJC pay scale, circa £24,278 (full time equivalent salary)
Pro-rata salary is £21,041
To start as soon as possible in September 2021
The successful candidate will work within the Science Department providing support in pre-testing and setting up for practical experiments in the classroom. Preparing and disposing of special compounds, specimens, electronic circuits, reagents, microbiological materials. Previous experience is not essential but would be considered a benefit. Key tasks are:
• Preparing and setting up apparatus and materials for use in practical activities.
• Retrieving and clearing away after practical activities; disposal of waste laboratory materials, including hazardous waste in accordance with established guidelines
• General maintenance, cleaning and repair of apparatus and equipment and conducting scheduled safety checks and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
• Maintaining labs and prep rooms in a tidy and clean condition, including cleaning sinks and keeping work surfaces clear.
With 970 pupils and a thriving, popular sixth form, the caring Christian community within the school, together with the close-knit team of dedicated and friendly staff have achieved excellent academic success.
Located in the beautiful residential area of Southfields the transport links are excellent. The nearest underground station is Southfields (District line – zone 3 and less than a 5 minute walk) which is only 5 minutes from Wimbledon station and 16 minutes from Earls Court. The area is also well served by numerous bus connections to Clapham Junction and Richmond.
Whilst candidates must be in sympathy with the aims of a Church of England School a Christian commitment is not essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Saint Cecilia's Church of England School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
Saint Cecilia’s Church of England School is a co-educational comprehensive school for pupils aged 11–18 years specialising in the teaching of Music and Mathematics.
As a Christian school, we are proud to declare that we...