Hours per week 19.5, Weeks per year 40 (Paid Weeks – 45.20)
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesborough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area, which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person to undertake the role of School Staff Instructor for Unity City Academy Combined Cadet Force (CCF) and assist with some of the extra-curricular provision and transport management duties.
We are seeking to appoint a School Staff Instructor (Combined Cadet Force) who will:
- Plan and assist the development of the Combined Cadet Force
- In consultation with the Contingent Commander, assist in organising and planning field days and field exercises to enhance the cadet provision
- In consultation with the Contingent Commander assist in the planning and delivery of the cadet experience General administration of the Cadet Unit
- Supported by the Contingent Commander,seek funding from a variety of funding streams to ensure the sustainability of the Cadet Unit
- Support the Combined Cadet Force cadets in the classroom and play a lead role in the mentoring of cadets
- Monitor the academic progress and behaviour of cadets to ensure their performance in the classroom is in line with cadet expectations
- Act as administrator for cadets and contingent Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs) and to supply and organise all Combined Cadet Force services, including the issue, control, maintenance and purchasing of clothing and equipment
- Carry out all day-to-day liaison with the Cadet Training Team (CTT) and other agencies as necessary
- Ensure the maintenance and presentation of all Combined Cadet Force and School Adventurous Training equipment
- Take responsibility (in liaison with the Combined Cadet Force Contingent Commander) for all issues related to weapons, including all weapon inspections, repairs in line with Ministry of Defence (MOD) requirements and an agreed maintenance plan, including the security of fire arms
- Collate all required returns to the MOD including equipment, qualifications, controls and records of all weapon loans to other schools
- Take responsibility for all equipment held at the school; provide the MOD with information as required
- Manage the use of transport for Combined Cadet Force activities including the recording (and receiving) of all costs and vehicle hire charges
- Maintain an awareness and knowledge of MOD amendments, advice and document control
- Act as advisor to all CFAVs and immediate support to the Contingent Commander
- Administer all camps and training programmes (as detailed & supported by the Contingent Commander)
- Assist the Contingent Commander and other CFAVs with the effective use of the Westminster Cadet Management Database
- Assist the Cadet Training Team when the CCF are attending shooting competitions.
- Maintain the Cadet training records
- Be responsible for the daily control and management of the cadet equipment
- Attend the Bi annual SSI conference on behalf of Unity City CCF
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
This position is required for a start date as soon as possible.
Closing date: Friday 22 February 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.