The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Manage the day-to-day operation of the tuckshop including once a week opening and closing procedures
* Sound knowledge of Excel spreadsheets - weekly Tuckshop service tally sheets are prepared in excel
* Order stock from preferred suppliers and in accordance with approved delegated authority from BCE
* Ensure quality and quantity of all Tuckshop deliveries
* Check all supplies against invoices and ensure all invoices are signed, and forwarded to the Finance Office for payment.
* Maintain staff rosters and ensure correct communication for weekly newsletter
* Compile and communicate rosters for all voluntary workers and supervising and training of all volunteers.
* Ensure that correct food hygiene practices are maintained in accordance with associated food legislation, regulations and standards
* Ensure and observe Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) practices are adhered to within the tuckshop
* Maintain all WH&S and Compliance Information as required to meet legislative responsibilities (including those of the Brisbane City Council - Food Business Licencing department).
* Be willing to undergo some online Food Safety training with external company
* Practice secure and safe cash management
* High level of initiative, with the ability to work autonomously and positively contribute as a staff member
* Perform monthly stock-takes of all non-perishable stock
* Produce monthly income reports to Principal and Finance officer
* Support special event days and other catered school functions as required
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is characterised by its support for all learners and by the provision of rigorous and engaging learning with high expectations for all learners. We pride ourselves on the strong sense of Catholic Christian community and belonging which provides a supportive environment for our learners to take risks in the learning process. Our community values parental involvement and we create and maintain strong partnerships with parents to support our young people.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Term 2 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Casual
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 8hrs paid
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: services Level 3 Step 1
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Paul Drewniak
Contact Telephone Number: 0738572443
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window