Title: Schools Liaison Team Leader
Salary: Up to £25,275 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Monday 18th November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College has a long standing and excellent reputation as an outstanding Further Education College. We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual to join our Schools Liaison team on a permanent, full-time basis working 37 hours per week.
In November 2018, Nelson and Colne College, incorporating Lancashire Adult Learning, completed a successful merger with Accrington and Rossendale College to become the Nelson & Colne College Group and create a combined force for greater opportunities.
This post will be based at the Nelson & Colne College site in Barrowford, and regular travel to Accrington & Rossendale College,as well as external sites, particularly in schools across East Lancashire will be required.
The successful candidate will lead the Schools Liaison Team in promoting the Nelson & Colne College Group’s Post-16 education, including A Levels, Vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships, to students in key feeder schools whilst developing new positive relationships and representing our ‘Creating the Extraordinary’ brand at all times.
The main duties include:
• To work closely with members of the Senior Leadership Team in order to ensure that the College’s recruitment targets are met and reporting regularly on the Schools Liaison Team’s impact of activities.
• To act as the first point of contact for Heads of Division in co-ordinating an effective schools events calendar that delivers an impactful and relevant range of activities that support students in making appropriate choices for their next steps.
• To maintain up to date ‘schools intelligence’ information to ensure the offer is relevant and bespoke to individual schools and their pupils.
• To ensure that the teams’ school events calendar is wide ranging and includes: classroom presentations, assemblies, careers events, workshops.
• To support recruitment and transition advice and guidance by delivering engaging presentations/workshops, and ensuring the Team is co-ordinated effectively to so all events are staffed appropriately.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree Level Qualification in a relevant field
• Level 4 or above IAG qualification
• Experience of delivering engaging presentations
• A good understanding of the post 16 education sector
• Experience in the promotion of education/training
For a full list of essential and desirable criteria please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.