Key Stage 3 Co-ordinator of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2b (plus Fringe allowance)
Contract Term: Permanent
Posted: 06 March 2017
Expires: 22nd March 2017
Queens’ is a thriving and oversubscribed school with a well-established reputation for high standards. Today we are the largest co-educational state school in Hertfordshire with almost 1700 students on roll. GCSE results in 2015 placed us in the top 100 non-selective state-funded schools nationally. Our recent Ofsted Inspection in December 2015 confirmed that Queens’ continues to provide a high quality educational experience. The school benefits from extensive facilities including 12 all-weather sports pitches set in 52 acres of playing fields.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Key Stage 3 Co-ordinator, to join our thriving and successful Science Department. The post would suit an experienced Science teacher who is committed to teaching at the highest standard and raising the aspirations and achievements of our students.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
• Be able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities
• Exude a passion for the subject
• Be knowledgeable about curriculum matters in Science and confident leading colleagues through these
• Work collaboratively as part of a team and strategically with the Head of Faculty
We can offer:
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn
• Supportive parents who value education
• A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
• A strong commitment to professional development and progression
• Extensive grounds and facilities set in greenbelt
Please visit our school website to learn more about the school and full details of the job vacancy: www.queens.herts.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointments will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Start date: September 2017
Closing date: 12pm on Wednesday 22nd March 2017