Seva School is a non-selective all-through free school based on the core values of the Sikh faith. It caters for pupils from all backgrounds and faiths and those of no faith, and is extremely proud of the inclusive and egalitarian ethos that underpins all elements of the school.
Having undergone significant change in its recent leadership team, the school now wishes to make the following appointments as it continues to strengthen its provision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Science Technician to join our busy Science Department. The ideal candidate should have good ICT and communication skills. We are seeking an individual who is well-organised, efficient, flexible, calm, friendly, motivated and passionate about providing an excellent support service to our children, staff and visitors. Continuous training will be given to further enhance your development within the school.
You will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of resources under the guidance and supervision of teaching and senior staff whilst ensuring that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to. You will support the learning within the classroom during lessons and to support the delivery of intervention and enrichment activities for learners at lunchtimes and after school as required.
You will have:
• A Levels or NVQ3 in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (LATA) or NVQ3 for Laboratory Technicians in Education or Level 3 Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills or equivalent.
• ICT skills to research, present and communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation as it relates to the work of a school.
• Training support
• Continued professional development
• Exceptionally well behaved children and enthusiastic learners
• Opportunities for significant professional development in an expanding school
• A supportive team of friendly and passionate staff
Whilst specific responsibilities will be discussed further at interview, the role will require individuals who possess high levels of resilience and a strong work ethic.
To arrange a visit or if you require any further information please contact Mrs J Khalsa – HR Administrator
Telephone: 0247 7987619
Closing Date: 12pm Monday 20th May 2019
We reserve the right to close this advert early, should a suitable candidate be found. We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.