Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking an experienced Science Laboratory Assistant to join the Secondary School on a full-time, temporary (long service leave cover) from 12 August 2019 – 26 September 2019. This role is responsible for providing quality support to the staff and students in relation to the requirements for science classes and to maintain the Science laboratories in a WHS compliant manner. The salary for this position will be $ 67 122 per annum.
You will have:
• Willingness to support the ethos and values of the College
• Laboratory experience (at least 5 years desirable) preferably in an educational setting
• A minimum of a Bachelor of Science with Chemistry and Biology at first year level (desirable)
• The ability to continually update and quickly acquire knowledge in laboratory techniques
• The ability to apply practices and procedures to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
• Strong time management skills and ability to multitask
• The physical capability of carrying and transporting stock and equipment on campus as required (as reasonable within WHS standards)
• The ability to assemble laboratory apparatus and equipment and handle chemicals used in science programs in a safe manner and to assist academic staff with practical lessons
• High attention to detail and highly developed problem solving skills, initiative and judgment
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
• Willingness to actively participate in the College’s coaching program and culture
• Ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
To learn more about this position, the calibre of person we are seeking to appoint and what makes Pymble an excellent place to work please visit the College website www.pymblelc.nsw.edu.au
Applications close 3.00 pm Tuesday 21 May 2019.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.