Location: Griffith, ACT
Employment Type: Part-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $57,255 - $68,366 (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 23 August 2021
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 4 August 2021
St Clare’s College is an inclusive and caring community where learning is valued and students are given every opportunity to grow in all dimensions of their life. We provide a safe and empowering environment for students to reach their full potential. We are a learning community whose teachers strive for the “spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual, and aesthetic development of all students”.
About the Role
The College is currently seeking a Science Laboratory Assistant to join our committed and welcoming team. The Science Laboratory Assistant provides support to the Science Faculty with regard to the safe management of faculty experiments and provision of Faculty supplies and equipment.
- Support of the aims of Catholic Education
- Knowledge and experience in general laboratory practices and techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, use initiative and operate within a team environment
- Experience with office computing applications
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Science qualification - N.B level 5 positions require knowledge or training equivalent to either a diploma or certificate IV with relevant work experience, a certificate III with extensive work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work Safety principles
- Experience with Chemicals in Schools
- Knowledge of Chemical Safety in Schools
- Demonstrated skills in the use of scientific computer software
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Julie Fitzgerald on 02 6260 9400 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn