Applications are invited for a Science Laboratory Assistant at an elite, Independent school, located on Sydney’s Upper North Shore. This Independent school enjoys a strong commitment to academic excellence, a wide range of subject choices, extensive co-curricular activities, small class sizes and outstanding HSC results.
About the Role:
• Full time, Temporary contract
• Role commencing 12 August 2019 until 26 September 2019 - covering long service leave
• Responsible for providing quality support to the staff and students in relation to the requirements for Science classes
• Maintain the Science laboratories in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) compliant manner
• Salary is $67, 122 per annum
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Laboratory experience (at least 5 years desirable) preferably in an educational setting
• A minimum of a Bachelor of Science with Chemistry and Biology at first year level (desirable)
• Proven track record of time management with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet the faculty’s needs
• Previous experience in recording, controlling and maintaining stock; cleaning and maintaining equipment;
• Must have knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety policies
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1907-538029SL– email@example.com
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1907-538029MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).