Science Laboratory Technician
Term time only (39 Weeks)
Grade 4 SCP 7-11 (£19,554 - £21,166) pro rata
Start: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 or as soon as possible
Deadline: Monday 18thMarch 2019 at 12pm (Midday)
Interviews: as soon as possible after closing date
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection
• Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
• A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
• “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
• We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
• Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; “The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented.” Ofsted 2019
• To provide expert technical support to the Head of science and colleagues in the Science department
• To organise and resource the prep room ensuring the budget is well managed and resources are replenished as needed
• To ensure that the Science department is compliant with all Health and Safety regulations
• To oversee the day to day maintenance of the teaching spaces and laboratories
• To set up and manage effective organisation systems to ensure the smooth running of the Science department
• To prepare practical resources for teachers across the Science department and deliver them in a timely fashion to allow Teaching and Learning to run smoothly
• To ensure that all laboratories are well maintained and presented and that all equipment is regularly serviced and functioning
• Any other duties as required by the Head of Department
• Possess an NVQ3 or equivalent qualification or experience in the relevant discipline.