Science Leader of Chemistry/Physics/Biology
Permanent, full time, to start end of August 2018
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
MPS/UPS + TLR
We are looking for an inspiring and passionate Leader in Biology/Chemistry/Physics to continue our rapid journey to outstanding performance in Science. Our secondary Science team is extremely high performing and with an ambition to develop our capacity even further, to provide system leadership and supporting other schools in the East Midlands.
- play a key role in the Science leadership team, working closely with Science Leaders and the Head of Science and sharing accountability for the leadership and performance of the entire team
- alongside other leaders, deputise for the Head of Science in his absence, as well as taking a supporting role in providing school to school support externally
- be an ambassador both for Science and for the school both within JFC and externally
- be a role model at all times, both in and out of the classroom
With a clear specialism in Biology/Chemistry/Physics, you will have the energy, commitment and vision to lead a superb team of Science teachers to:
- deliver truly outstanding outcomes for all learnings, regardless of starting points
- ensure that all students – and year groups make rapid progress
- be instrumental in a ‘no excuses’ approach
- implement accurate subject tracking which identifies if any students are being left behind
- deliver sharp, focussed intervention – across all year groups
- become leading practitioners with the capacity also to provide school to school support in your area of specialism
- develop outstanding schemes of learning from Year 7 to Year 11 and beyond
- enthuse all students with a passion for Science
We also welcome applications from applicants interested in joining our growing team as a Science Teacher (MPS + UPS).
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for these roles, visit our website at www.mowbrayeducation.org or get in touch to arrange a visit or to have an informal chat.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.