Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for an NQT to begin their career within a small school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational, independent school for children aged 2-16, situated in Slough, Berkshire. The school was founded in 1940 and after a series of developments over the decades was bought by the largest independent schools business in the UK, in 2004. There are longer term career opportunities that exist in a company where their colleagues share ideas and practices from around the world. It is an international family of over 70 schools in the UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then this could be the role for you. Consistent with their traditional values, classes are small, behavioural standards are exceptional, and pastoral care is second to none. The school are very focused on high quality teaching and learning and expect all pupils to make exceptional progress.
“The quality of teaching and assessment is outstanding. Teaching is of consistently high quality. The high expectations that staff have of pupils along with the high expectations that pupils have of themselves create a thirst for learning that permeates all aspects of the school's work." - SIS, 2015
The school are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic NQT to join their Senior School in September 2021.
• To create well-planned lessons and deliver through effective and appropriate teaching methods, activities and management of class time.
• To show a good understanding of the aptitudes, needs and prior attainments of the pupils and ensure these are taken into account in lesson-planning.
• To utilise effective strategies for managing behaviour and encouraging pupils to act responsibly.
• To deliver intervention clinics and other academic support measures according to the needs of the pupils.
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate and inspire pupils of all abilities across the entire age range.
• To promote and support relevant extra-curricular activities within the department.
• To produce and develop schemes of work, update current schemes of work and assist with preparing the department for internal and external inspection as required by the Head of Department.
• To work actively to create and promote an engaging learning environment for all pupils.
The Successful Candidate Will:
• Have a good degree and hold qualified teacher status.
• Be able to teach Science at KS3 - KS4.
• Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all.
• Have a creative, forward thinking attitude and inspire pupils to succeed in Science.
• Be unapologetically passionate about your subject.
• Be committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school.
• Be hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
• Be an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school.
• Supportive colleagues and community.
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes.
• Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider group
• Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher Pension Scheme
• Fee remission for children
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1431175
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...