SCIENCE TEACHER (Full-time or Part-time)
Edith Kay Independent School are looking for a full-time or part-time Science Teacher to join our small, dedicated and friendly team.
About Edith Kay Independent School
Based in London NW10, Edith Kay School is an independent school for students with special needs. We are a small, dedicated community with high expectations for each of our pupils. Our pupils are offered a personalised learning journey and we actively set out to ensure that every young person thrives in all aspects of the curriculum. Our pupils are fully informed and active in their learning journey and have every capacity to achieve their aspirations successfully.
Preparing our young people for a successful and enriched future alongside ensuring our pupils are able to contribute to their community and society, irrespective of their starting point, is key to our vision. Our values of personal responsibility and respect are integral to our ethos where views, beliefs and differences are appreciated. This is in keeping with the support of our families and underpinned by our wellbeing programme.
Life at Edith Kay School is diverse, inspirational and aspirational. We offer a carefully structured curriculum. We firmly subscribe to a collaborative, reflective, outward facing community in ensuring that each phase of our young person’s career is meticulously supported and extended by the Edith Kay team.
Science Teacher Role Requirements
The Teacher of Science will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching, through planning engaging lessons to enable all pupils to make the best possible progress. The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way.
- Have Qualified Teacher status
- Teach across all levels and abilities at GCSE and A Level
- A knowledge and understanding of the theory and proactive of providing effectively for the individuals needs of all pupils (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies)
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Science
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils; enabling them to have equal access to Science and to experience success in their work
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each class, particularly taking into account the learning needs of LDD students.
- Mark work according to departmental and School marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of student’s progress in their subject.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEND and Safeguarding Children
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our school
Please see the full job description and person specification for further details.
To apply: Please complete the application form along with a covering letter giving details of what skills you could bring to the role and why your application should be considered. Send to email@example.com
Edith Kay Independent School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 19 years