Al Khor International School (AKIS)Qatar
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well qualified science teacher for August 2020. The successful candidate will be a talented and dynamic professional with the ability to teach science subjects to IGCSE Level. A Level experience would be an advantage. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Degree and teaching certificate
- Experience in a British or international school
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Engaged and supportive school community
- Exciting sporting, leisure and cultural activities in a friendly, diverse and hospitable country with a rich cultural heritage. Opportunities to travel.
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, and other sporting facilities. For more details please click on the link http://www.akcommunity.org/
- Free education provided at AKIS for up to 4 children
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Generous housing allowance or company provided accommodation
- Utility allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances for employee & eligible dependents
- Medical cover
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree and teaching certificates, transcripts and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
26 November 2020
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
More about Al Khor International School (AKIS)
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: Independent
Age Range: 4 - 18 years
Address: Al Khor Community, P O Box 22166, Doha, Qatar
Telephone: +974 4473 4666
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...