We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Science department where you will be supported and developed to ensure that you deliver inspirational and innovative teaching on a daily basis. The candidate must have the ability to teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE standard.
The person we are seeking will:-
• Be passionate about Science.
• Be an innovative and inspiring classroom teacher.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the skills in their specialist subject to enable them to teach it confidently and accurately.
• Have, for their specialist subject a detailed knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of Science and be confident in its use as a teaching and learning resource for both pupils and teachers.
Please note that this post may be based in either the boys’ or girls’ school at Bury Grammar Schools.
The Science Department at Bury Grammar School is an excellent department and regularly achieves outstanding GCSE and A Level results. The department is comprised of 6 individual departments of subject specialists, each with a Head of Department responsible for the daily managing of their subject area, who are overseen by the Head of Science Faculty. At A Level, the combined Sixth Form means that classes are taught across the two sites and are all taught to the AQA Specification. At GCSE, the Boys' School currently teaches to the Edexcel IGCSE Specification, while the Girls' School teaches to the AQA Specification. In both schools, students are offered the choice of separate Science and Dual Award, with Separate Science remaining a popular choice. At KS3, each department has devised a unique scheme of work to develop and support students in their early learning of Science. On top of curriculum teaching, we also offer a range of clubs and activities across the two sites aimed at stimulating and encouraging a love of Science. These activities range from KS3 Pet Club to STEM Project Clubs to Department Clinics