Smart Teachers is recruiting for a specialist Science Teacher to join an impressive all boys’ independent day school in Belsize Park, North London. The school is positioned across three sites composing of Junior, Middle and Senior schools with top notch facilities and specialist teaching across a number of subject areas. The successful Science Teacher will start in February 2018 and join an existing team of four, teaching Years 4-8 Science. This is a full time fixed maternity contract.
About the Role
· Teaching Middle and Senior years Science in department with 4 other members of staff
· Start date February 2018
· Full time, fixed maternity contract
· Salary from £125 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Independent Preparatory school catering for children aged 4-14 years
· There are approximately 450 pupils overall, divided between the Junior School (Reception to Year 3), Middle (Years 4 and 5) and Senior (Years 6 to 8) Schools
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by ISI
· Impressive facilities located over three sites
· Offer broad, high calibre curriculum aiming for pupils never to be bored!
· Specialist teachers for PE, Art/Pottery, Music
· Strong extra-curricular programme to develop confidence in and out of school setting
· Located within affluent Swiss Cottage area of London, the school is easily accessible by the Northern line, Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have experience working within an independent setting
· Hold a PGCE/B Ed or equivalent Science teaching qualification or Primary Science specialism
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SXT23728.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.