We are looking for a dynamic and experienced teacher of chemistry and biology to join a growing Science Department at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. A successful candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge and interest in science as well as experience of teaching across US, UK, and IB curricula.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Have international school experience and fluency in a second language.
- Have experience in coaching students, identifying talents and planning to meet their individualised needs.
- Are comfortable teaching across a variety of age groups including Middle School and High School.
- Are flexible, open minded, independent and keen to develop their skills further.
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of and interest in cultural diversity.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience.
- An appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
- Employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of classroom management and in-class differentiation.
- Have experience and proactive approach to lab work.
- The ability and willingness to teach UK (I)GCSEs/A-Levels, and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement.
- Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades.
- Are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum where necessary and take a lead in Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive sports and/or co-curricular programmes.
- Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school's values and ethos.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and is in the authorisation process for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, a brief letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of two referees.
Send to email@example.com, stating "Science: Chemistry and Biology" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 16 February 2019. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.