When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher to join our well-established and forward-thinking Science team from Easter 2019. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting successful students to KS5 single Science A Levels as well as Applied Science in our Post 16 provision. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic Science team.
The successful candidate must be;
- Able to teach Science to at least KS4,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about Science and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues and
- Someone who has a tangible passion for their subject and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme, fostering excellence in teaching and learning, free parking, a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This post would be suitable for an early career stage teacher interested in developing their expertise in an exciting, outward-looking school or for a more experienced practitioner with an interest in developing their practice, subject knowledge or leadership skills (responsibilities by negotiation).
Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 22nd February at 9:00am
Interview Date: TBC WB 25th February 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).