The Governors of The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School require a teacher of Science who is committed to raising the achievements of our students. You will be joining a strong and enthusiastic subject specialist team with a track record of success.
There is a strong demand of all three Sciences at Key Stage 5, through which we have a high number of students applying for STEM courses at Oxbridge Outcomes for our students are outstanding at Key Stage 4, with 82% of students scoring grades 9-4 in Combined Science.
The successful candidate will teach in a designated Science teaching room that is equipped with outstanding teaching resources. We endeavour to utilise each individual Science teacher's specialism as far as we are able to at GCSE and A level and so a specialism in either Physics or Chemistry would be a desirable but not essential requirement. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
We welcome applications from all candidates willing to support the Catholic ethos.
- outstanding results, at both GCSE and A level, from our well-motivated students
- a school which has been in the top 3% nationally for Progress8 in 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- a school which was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in the 2018 inspection
- an IT rich environment and high quality learning facilities
- outstanding CPD provision: NQT induction through to leadership courses
- Inner London Weighting salary benefits
- a supportive and open management team
- friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is graded Outstanding by Ofsted. It is an ambitious and caring community, committed to fulfilling the gifts of each student, reflected in the School’s mission statement “Education for All = Achievement for All”.
Informal visits are welcomed; please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Cunningham.
The closing date for applications is 23rd April 2019 at 9am.
Interviews are to be arranged.
The job will commence on 1st September 2019
If you need any further information, please contact Mrs Christine Plant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8575 8222 Ext 411
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the DBS