We are looking to recruit an inspirational, forward thinking and successful practitioner of science to join our growing team in creating an outstanding learning environment centred around the world of work.
The successful candidate will be required to teach Key Stages 4 and 5 in our science department, which is at the heart of our career-focused and dynamic curriculum. This includes access to state of the art technology, centred around our technical specialisms of medical technology and smart environments and the opportunity to work with a number of local and national employers to train the engineers of the future.
We welcome applications from NQTs and those with more experience if you want to:
- Inspire a generation of 14 - 19 year olds through an integrated academic and technical pathway supported by our partners from Anglia Ruskin University, Raytheon, GlaxoSmithKline and other local SMEs.
- Develop innovative qualification programmes and a culture of success to deliver future skills through project and challenge based programmes of study while placing a strong emphasis on rigor and achievement.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- work in a multi-million pound facility, which opened in September 2014 with state-of-the-art technology
- learn and develop your professional experience and qualifications
- work closely with a number of local and national employers
- teach a cohort of inspiring young people, with aptitude and interest in the areas of science, computer science and engineering
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form by clicking the apply now button below, ensuring that you detail your suitability in line with our role profile. It should be noted that all applicants must hold QTS and CVs for this role will not be accepted.
The closing date for this role is Friday 30th June at 11.59am. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications may close prior to this date should a suitable candidate come forward. Interviews are expected to occur the week beginning 3rd July, with the role starting September 2017.