TEMS is hiring!
Science Teacher for KS3 and KS4
• Closing date: 8th March 2021
• Interviews dates: We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date for the ideal candidate, so early applications are encouraged
• Interviews: Rolling interviews – Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as they apply
• Starting date: 25th March 2021 or earlier if possible
• Paternity cover contract, with potential for longer term, full time
• Competitive salary with potential for extra responsibility
• Expat Package and tuition for dependents
TEMS is currently looking for an experienced teacher of Science in KS3, KS4 and ideally KS5. This role includes responsibility for planning, teaching and classroom management as well as monitoring, assessment and pastoral care. We are looking for someone who is passionate not only about teaching but also about building excellent relationships with our pupils; something that sets TEMS apart.
- Qualification: Bachelors Degree with QTS or International equivalent is essential.
- Knowledge/experience: Experience in Secondary across all three key stages is essential. Knowledge of A Level is desirable
- Competences: Self-awareness and reflection, Personal Drive, Integrity, Resilience, Team working
- Languages: Native-level English speaker essential and Spanish desirable.
TEMS stands for The English Montessori School, which is a private co-educational school catering to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid. Children from the age of three to eighteen years of age can access a complete and highly successful educational experience. Traditionally TEMS students rank among the best of the students in both Spanish and International schools in Madrid, in external examinations taken by those students. All graduates of the Senior School go on to higher education.
A reputation for academic excellence and an exciting opportunity to work within a global organization
• Large campus in a good location in Madrid (Aravaca).
• Confident, independent and welcoming pupils
• A lively, friendly and committed staff
• Personal development and ongoing support
• Reduced class sizes according to Covid-19 requirements
If you are interested, please visit the Work With Us section of our website (tems.es) and follow the instructions to complete and send us the application form to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the closing date (8th March 2021). Please refer to the job title in the subject line.
Safeguarding: Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Diversity: Cognita’s success depends on our people. With 77 schools in 10 countries and our employees representing over 30 nationalities, the scope of our difference is a source of pride. We believe this diversity positively promotes global citizenship and reflects the value of contribution irrespective of one’s personal characteristics and/or background.
Equal opportunities: Cognita is committed to preserving and promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of the conduct of its business. No member of staff or any applicant for employment with Cognita will be discriminated against, harassed or victimized because of their personal characteristics. Cognita expects all staff to comply with the letter and the spirit of its policy.
The English Montessori School
Aravaca (Madrid), Spain
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The English Montessori School is a private co-educational school which caters to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid.
The school is recognised by both the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture ...