Inspire Their Remarkable.
Science Teacher (KS3 and KS4)
Passionate about your subject? Want to make a real difference to the lives of the next generation?
Tendring Technology College (TTC) is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school, which has two campuses; Frinton Campus (14-18) and Thorpe Campus (11-14). TTC is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-Academy sponsor with over 60 primary, secondary and special academies across the UK.
- We are passionate in delivering high quality education in Science to every pupil through challenging and stimulating teaching and learning. We encourage the development of an enquiring mind and the ability to become an independent learner and are eager to promote awareness, knowledge and understanding of scientific issues beyond the classroom setting.
- Science is taught in ability groups with access to well-equipped Science laboratories, Learning Resource Centre and computer rooms. Students follow the National Curriculum at KS3, preparing students to work towards achieving two Science GCSEs or following a Triple Science route, achieving three GCSEs. At KS4 we follow AQA specifications. At A-level, Biology, Chemistry and Physics are offered.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Science with high expectations who can teach across KS3 and KS4, strong classroom management skills and excellent subject knowledge. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the department at an exciting time of its development. We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from newly qualified teachers.
We place a high value on continued professional development and a wide range of subject-specific training and research opportunities are available through our work with the NCETM, MEI and FMSP.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date- September 2019.
Closing date- Wednesday 26 June 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.