Why apply to The Fulham Boys School?
To play an integral role in creating and developing a Science department in a school determined to be one of the best in this country – state or private
- To work in a school that despite having no external exam results, and only three years old, is the first independent Free School under the new framework to be Judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with Outstanding features.
- To work in a school that has been judged outstanding in all four categories in its SIAMS inspection in November 2017.
- Highly Competitive salary
- Opportunity to get an annual bonus
- A first class staff benefit package
- 18 extra days school holidays
- Free school lunches every day freshly prepared by our school chef
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great connections to all London tube-lines and overground routes
What is the school like?
The Fulham Boys School is built upon the Christian Faith, geared towards boys and nurtures enterprise – personal, social and business.
We are a strict academic boys’ school that aims to equip our young men to apply for Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities.
We have a truly comprehensive intake which includes boys from very affluent backgrounds rubbing shoulders with boys from economically deprived backgrounds. All meeting the same high standards and learning from one another. Our vision is to be among the very best schools in this country – state or private – and believe we are on course to achieve this in the next ten years. This is confirmed by our long waiting list of boys trying to get into FBS, the Department for Education, our Ofsted report in May 2017, our SIAMS inspection in November 2017 and local community feedback.
In May this year, Ofsted commented,
‘The headteacher has created a school which aims to achieve academic and personal excellence for all’
‘Academic progress is strong, boys are on track to achieve well at GCSE’
‘Behaviour in lessons is exemplary…the behaviour of pupils is outstanding…Boys live and breathe good manners and courtesy’
‘Staff are very proud to work at the school and are fully committed to the aspirational ethos. They recognize the strong support from senior leaders in the development of their teaching and in recognition of their personal well-being’
‘Staff engage with ways to improve their practice, there is a culture of collaboration and staff are keen to receive feedback: ‘There is an extensive coaching programme and staff collaborate to share best practice.’
The Department for Education have said,
‘The boys love learning and speak highly of teaching’
‘Morale is high and the school is thriving’
While the Local Community observed,
‘The school has delivered on the big claims they made before the school opened’
Who are we looking for?
An enterprising, resilient, enthusiastic and kind person to inspire our boys and work collaboratively within our cooperatively led school.
The main purpose of the role will be to teach Science but there are opportunities for the successful candidate to share their skills, experience, interests and hobbies within our extensive co-curricular programme that we offer to our boys. We are a growing school so there will be career progression opportunities within the Science Department including positions to lead on the design of Science at KS5. We also have a strong CPD programme and believe in seeking out opportunities to further staff.
Skills and Characteristics we are looking for include:
- The ability to be a/or become an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Having high expectations of our boys in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Having a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all our boys, includong the most able.
- Having the capacity to contribute to the development of the School’s Christian ethos and enterprise activities.
- Possessing a real 'can do' attitude
- Having an ability to engage and motivate boys
- Having real enthusiasm to be an integral part of creating a Science department built for boys
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular sessions
Please apply by filling in the school’s application form. If you would like to speak to someone at the school about the role then we would love to talk to you. You can call the school on 0207381 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that we are on Easter break from 29th March - 16th April and the school will be closed for some of this time.
Closing date for completed applications: 12 noon on 25th April 2018
FBS is committed to the protection and safety of our learners. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing the role.