An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our very successful Science and Technology Faculty. We are particularly proud of the exceptional progress our pupils make and are looking for a talented practitioner to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team player and passionate about the teaching of Science.
The Westgate School has a strong academic tradition where pupils excel because of the exceptional partnership for learning that exists between pupils and adults in our school community.
• To be passionate about enabling all pupils to make good progress in Science;
• To be able to support the Subject Leader in reviewing and updating the curriculum and assessment;
• To develop new initiatives and pedagogies which will continue to improve the teaching and learning in Science;
• To actively participate in our culture of learning from each other and sharing good practice;
• To promote Science by celebrating pupils’ success and organising enrichment activities;
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a d Disclosure and barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
The Westgate has an on-site, full time day nursery (0-5 years) and Health & Fitness Suite available to staff.
Job Description and Application forms can be obtained from www.westgate.hants.sch.uk in the School Information/Vacancies section or contact HR; email@example.com