We are currently recruiting a Teacher of Science to join our team at Regent Group. The Teacher of Science will implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students, support a designated curriculum area as appropriate, to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor, to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Be a role model for students inspiring them to be actively interested in Science.
- Teach Science to groups from all abilities across years 10 – 13, with a particular emphasis on the delivery of Biology.
- Undertake a designated programme of teaching across all key stages.
- Use excellent subject knowledge to teach the course content to a diverse student population.
Assessment, Feedback & Training
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with the policy of the College.
- Undertake assessments of students as requested by internal and external departments/bodies.
- Continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
- Participate in whole school CPD.
- Promote teamwork with in the Science department.
- Be a form tutor to an assigned group of students if and when required.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within your tutor group.
- Monitor student absence in lessons and ensure that follow-up procedures are put in place where necessary.
- Contribute to the delivery of PSHE.
- Be keenly aware of the responsibility for safeguarding children and to the monitoring and implementation of Safeguarding processes.
- Comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children and young persons.
- Play a full part in the life of the school community and support its mission and ethos.
- Comply with the Schools Health & Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- Be courteous to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers and provide a welcoming environment.
- Salary of £26,000 - £28,000
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Regent Group is building a 21st century education model for future world learners. Our vision is to become a leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of our students and the communities in which they live and work. We pride ourselves on finding the right course for our learners at our own institutions or with an increasingly wide range of partner institutions across the globe.