Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic, committed and experienced Science Teacher / Head of Chemistry to join a successful and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive “Outstanding” rated school located in East London (E7). This is a full-time position commencing in September 2017 and is contracted through to the end of the academic year. The successful Science teacher must have the ability to teach Chemistry to A level, and the ability to lead the department in this area.
About the role
· Science Teacher / Head of Chemistry
· Teacher of Science with the responsibility of Head of Chemistry
· Students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and at A level
· September 2017 start
· Full time contract until July 2018
· MPS Salary + TLR up to £42,000
About the School
· Mixed comprehensive school
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· The Science department achieves outstanding results at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A level and all classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 onwards
· In the top 100 non-selective, maintained schools
· Specialist Science and PE college
· International School Award status
· CPD offered for teachers
· Very supportive department who is passionate about the school and their students
In order to be considered for this Head of Chemistry Teacher role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a teaching qualification (PGCE / Bachelor of Education or equivalent)
· Have recent experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references at an outstanding level and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number SZLA3306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.