Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher to join a ‘Good’ secondary school in Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire. The school caters for students aged 11-16 and shares a sixth-form facility with other local schools. The school is looking for a Science Teacher who wishes to work in a school where they can progress and develop their career. The role is available to start immediately, however the school will postpone the start date until January 2018 for the right candidate.
About the Role
· Science Teacher
· Teaching General Science to KS3 and KS4 students
· Full-time, long-term role
· To start September 2017 or at the latest January 2018
· Salary up to £32,000 per annum
About the School
· Secondary school based in Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire
· Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Co-educational, mixed secondary school
· Modern facilities including conference centre, study rooms and new IT facilities
· Expansive outdoor playing grounds
· Excellent transport links via bus, coach and train
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Possess a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Have proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH45366.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.