Huili School Hangzhou is seeking an experienced Science Teacher with IGCSE background. The Science Teacher provides high quality education to pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. The Science Teacher must support each individual pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The Science teacher must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils.
To assume responsibility for teaching Science, under the direction of the Head of Science and/or Head of Junior High and by following the Wellington College curriculum.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of Science at Wellington College in Hangzhou. The College is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of establishing the subject in a new school.
The Science teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated class, the content of each lesson being determined by the Junior High School curriculum. The teacher will ensure that the subject is delivered in a way that provides coverage, progression and continuity. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties as the Head of Science or Head Junior High may reasonably direct from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of Science, and that the students develop a positive attitude to the subject within the College. The teacher must present lessons in a structured and coordinated manner with due regard to the ability of the students and the curriculum targets of the year group.
Teaching and Learning
1. Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
2. Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity and model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
3. Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard.
4. Create differentiated resources and class activities designed to meet the needs of each individual pupils and matching the curriculum objectives for each lesson.
5. Be prepared to co-teach across the schools in science other subjects at times.
6. Participate in co-planning meetings with international and Chinese teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions. Providing additional support in science teaching to non-specialist when required.
7. Assess regularly the students’ work by means of formative and formal termly/half-termly assessments, as directed by the Head of Junior High. Communicate with the Head of Science and/or The Head of Junior High regarding any student whose progress or behaviour gives cause for concern.
8. Monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching, maintaining good standards of practice and ensuring progression.
9. Participate fully in the Staff Appraisal system, with regular classroom observation of colleagues and a willingness to be personally observed within the classroom. Submit books, records or planning as required for monitoring by colleagues.
10. Be involved in developing, implementing and monitoring all College policies regarding Science, and to assist in the necessary documentation pertaining to the subject, where required
11. Assist with the resourcing of Science for the Junior High School, and work with the Head of Science in drawing up the annual order.
12. Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students, to ensure that students know, understand and follow the College rules.
13. Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in pupils’ and setting success.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Teacher Qualification: Must have teacher license
Major: Science or related education majors
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching Science
Expertise: Knowledge of Science Teaching
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach your CV together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, China, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 59 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...