Passionate about science? Looking for an opportunity to focus on the subject you love?
Wanting to be part of a great team of scientists in a curriculum-focused role?
If so, we want to hear from you!
ASPIRE, GROW, SUCCEED
We are looking for an excellent Teacher of Science who is passionate about their subject, brings fresh ideas, and will work hard in a committed team to ensure all students reach their full potential through the delivery of a knowledge-rich curriculum.
We are developing our curriculum with ambitious aims: to secure, in the long-term, rich scientific knowledge for all students. We want our curriculum to develop students as confident scientists, which allows them to build a secure understanding and sense of the application of science to contextualise their learning both across the school and beyond.
We aim to bring ‘real’ science to the forefront of everything we do as a department, from our pedagogy to our approach to CPD, and we are looking for an enthusiastic subject-expert teacher to work with us and support us in this process.
The successful post holder will:
- Be an inspirational teacher with the ability to teach all sciences up to KS4 and an area of specialism at KS5 (ideally Physics and or Biology);
- Embrace the current changes to the curriculum and drive up progress and outcomes;
- Have the ability to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and the wider community;
- Have a professional drive, energy, determination and aspiration;
- Collaborate and work with all staff across school to support further school improvement.
We will offer:
- A talented and committed staff team who are supportive of each other. This includes a framework for staff voice and a fair workload charter to ensure wellbeing and a good work life balance;
- A Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing Body committed to creating a school of outstanding practice;
- The opportunity to grow in your teaching practice and work with young people in a truly comprehensive, multi-cultural community environment;
- Excellent professional development opportunities, including a subject-specific CPD model which focuses on subject knowledge;
- Fantastic building, resources and facilities.
If you share our values, ambition, have a proven track record, and relish a new challenge we look forward to receiving your application.
This post is available September 2019 for a MPS/UPS teacher appointment. For a current year PGCE student there is the opportunity to start before the summer holidays. The successful post holder will be paid from the agreed start date. Applications are invited from experienced teachers and those seeking their first appointment.
For further information about the school, please visit www.allertongrange.com or call 0113 393 0304 with any questions.
To apply, please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday, 2 May 2019.
Allerton Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding recruitment checks.
We are also an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.