Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
Focus School Linton Park are looking to recruit a part time (0.6 FTE), highly skilled, forward-thinking and enthusiastic Physics teacher, with the flexibility to teach other aspects of Science, and to possess a strong understanding of how children learn. You will be adept at navigating our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
This position is open to NQTs.
- To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and students’ Self Directed Learning assignments for subject.
- Ensure each lesson plan indicates which outcomes will be addressed in the lesson and what resources will be used, in line with the FLT subject curriculum
- To ensure the Self Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities presented to the students
- To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
- Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
- To set targets, based on prior attainments, and undertake effective, informative marking which will extend and develop all students
- To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
- Have Qualified Teacher Status and a higher level qualification in Science or Physics
- Possess recent experience of teaching Science to KS3 – KS4
- Knowledge of GCSE Science exam specifications particularly Physics
- Be relentlessly positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom and our learning centre
- Be able to work creatively and strategically in an ‘all-through’ school
- Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
- Committed to improving the life chances of every child
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Active and committed parents and carers
- A supportive and involved community
- Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
- A competitive salary
Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://lintonpark.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Debbie Gilbertson on 01622 740825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Wednesday 28th November 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing: 03rd December 2018
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Focus School Linton Park Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592