A British International school in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
We are hiring a Secondary Science Teacher beginning in August 2019.
It is essential that the candidate has the initiative and the skills/abilities to lead in an student-centered and innovative environment. It is also preferred that the candidates have experience working with the Cambridge curriculum.
Global Services in Education (GSE), the school’s operator, has extensive experience setting up and managing international schools and the candidate will be supported by proven systems, mentoring and coaching by experienced educational leaders.
Our School Mission Statement
Our School inspires students through: The Pursuit of Excellence Through Hearts, Minds and Hands
Unique Characteristics of the School
The school delivers a fully accredited UK curriculum registered for the Cambridge International Examinations. What differentiates our school, however, is its commitment to Technology and Innovation.
GSE Teacher/Staff Profile:
A willingness to learn from others is at the heart of all GSE faculties. We are a highly collaborative community made up of individuals who respect each other and exhibit a willingness to explore the process of building, implementing, evaluating, and revising programs. Coaching and mentoring are attributes of GSE staff and both are infused inside and outside the classroom. GSE staff are encouraged to foster a reflective environment and share teaching methods, materials, and assessment techniques with a whole-child perspective.
Preferred qualities of teachers and staff:
- Interacts with others with respect and equality
- Communicates thoughtfully to everyone
- Reads subtleties and acts appropriately
- Speaks honestly with purpose and intent
- Articulates and incorporates personal and school philosophies
- Facilitates discussion
- Models teamwork and decision-making
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Eagerly shares ideas and thoughts on curricula, students, parents and professional issues
- Supports others professionally
- Reflects, assesses, plans and implements a process in order to achieve and extend goals for each student, the class and him/herself
- Challenges individual students by setting high expectations
- Inspires each student to go beyond his/her self-imposed limits
- Promotes complex thinking by asking probing questions
- Supports students with specific and constructive feedback
- Integrates ideas across thematic curricula
- Invests in emergent curricula
- Models discovery and inspires others to questions
- Celebrates ”the well-built hypothesis”
- Reveals possibilities
- Embraces and continues his/her own learning process
- Considers the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each student
- Supports diverse learning styles
- Enriches and individualizes the learning process
- Creates a safe and supportive environment while promoting exploration, discovery and risk-taking
Teachers will begin August 2019.
Applicants should submit the following materials to email@example.com
- A letter of application outlining your educational philosophy, strengths and professional and personal interests. (max 2 pages)
- A current curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- A professional photo
- A list of at least three referees with current telephone numbers and email addresses.