Norton Hill is a high performing and Leading Edge school. It is highly successful and oversubscribed with E Bacc results double the national average and 5 A* – C including English and Maths at 76%. Progress 8 score in 2016 was +0.56 placing Norton Hill in the top 5% of schools in England. Science outcomes at Norton Hill are in the top 15% of schools nationally.
You will be joining a friendly department with a mutually supportive ethos, and an ideal mixture of youth and experience. This has led to the department being highly successful and well-resourced, allowing teachers to focus on developing their classroom practice. Our priority is improving teaching and learning, with a focus on developing the independence of pupils in their approach to work.
We have a thriving Sixth form with large numbers at AS and A2 in all of the traditional science disciplines, alongside more vocational courses. Currently there are over a 200 students studying a Level 3 Science subject.
The school serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells.
• Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
• Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students and staff to achieve their best
• Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
• Help us maintain outstanding results in the Science department
• Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
• A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
• Excellent facilities for teaching and learning
• Leading Edge professional development to support and improve your leadership skills, in preparation for further promotion
• An emphasis on core traditional values of good manners, high academic achievement, high standards of appearance from our children
Closing date: 27th March 2020
Provisional Interviews: 2nd April 2020
Please visit: http://midsomernortonschoolspartnership.com/vacancies.htm to apply.
Norton Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.