Smart Teachers welcomes overseas Science Teachers and newly graduate teachers to consider a vacancy in an over-subscribed popular secondary school in Hackney, East London. The successful Science teacher will teach all disciplines across all high school years along with a specialism of either Biology, Chemistry of Physics for Years 12 and 13. The school boasts a contemporary new building and a strong reputation for academic results, which are currently above average. The school is based close to local amenities with excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London. This full time, permanent Science Teacher / Newly Graduate Science teacher position is due to start in September 2019.
About the Role
• Science Teacher / Science newly qualified teacher
• Secondary timetable
• Physics , Chemistry or Biology to years 12 and 13
• Full time permanent contract
• September 2019 start
• Salary from $54,000 up to $64,000
About the School
• A strong collaborative community school
• Rich curriculum encourages pupils to become independent learners
• Team of highly motivated teachers
• “Good” rated school
• Striving for academic excellence with a challenging and inspiring curriculum
• Easily accessible with great transport links in East London
About the area
Hackney is a historical London borough and is said to be one of London's most livable areas having one of the most fashionable area codes in the capital. The area is well connected with buses and trains running regularly and is located next to Victoria Park, one of Londons oldest and most traditional. Hackney offers attractive residential facilities along with an array of great restaurants and famous markets.
In order to be considered for this role, the Science teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a high school Science teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent Science teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free PD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. If you are in Australia or New Zealand, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference #RCR18583RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.