Teacher of Science – September 2017 Start
Closing Date: Wednesday 26 April 2017
Interview Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
The successful Science department at Thomas Deacon Academy are looking to appoint a Science teacher (Chemistry, Biology or Physics) to join the enthusiastic, hard-working and committed team. The department is exceptionally resourced and led by fantastic practitioners who are forward-thinking, innovative and have the unswerving determination to ensure all students achieve well and develop an enjoyment of the subject. Being part of TDA Education Trust there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the department, Academy and Trust wide.
· Be a passionate, dynamic teacher of science.
· Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
· Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
· Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
· Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
What we can offer you:
· Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment.
· Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals.
· Excellent salary package.
· Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme.
· Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
· Opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust.
· Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
· Enthusiastic and supportive SLT.
· Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Further information, news and events and 360˚ tour of our outstanding building, can be viewed on our website: www.thomasdeaconacademy.com
To apply please complete the Teacher Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Academy please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.