Teacher of Science (Physics Specialist) – September 2017 Start
- Contract: Full Time/Permanent
- Salary: MPS/UPS (competitive salary)
- Closing Date: Monday 10th July 2017
- Interview Dates: w/c 10th July 2017
TDA Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
- Trust: we are honest
- Discipline: we never give up
- Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
In July 2015, Ofsted graded the Academy as ‘Good’ in all areas and we are moving forward in our continued journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
Examination results within Science have always been strong. In 2016 all triple Sciences exceeded national averages by a large margin. A particular strength of the department were the GCSE Physics results where 54% of students achieved an A*-A grade. Results in 6th form were equally as impressive with Sciences exceeding national averages.
The City of Peterborough
Living in Peterborough offers the perfect mix of heritage, countryside walks, shopping, entertainment and dining out, all being easily accessible. Peterborough is well connected by road with direct links to the A1 for travelling North to South and the A47 for travelling East to West. Rail travel is equally as convenient with the East Coast Line direct to London in 50 mins and a direct connection to Stansted Airport in 80 mins.
The successful Science department at Thomas Deacon Academy are looking to appoint a Physics teacher to join the enthusiastic, hard-working and committed team. The department is exceptionally resourced and led by fantastic practitioners who are forward-thinking, innovative and have the unswerving determination to ensure all students achieve well and develop an enjoyment of the subject. Being part of TDA Education Trust there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the department, Academy and Trust wide.
- Be a passionate, dynamic teacher of science
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Excellent salary package
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- Opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking)
- Enthusiastic and supportive SLT
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Further information, news and events and 360˚ tour of our outstanding building, can be viewed on our website: www.thomasdeaconacademy.com
To apply please complete the Teacher Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Academy please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.