Are you a qualified Science Teacher with experience of teaching the Physics at IGCSE and A-Level? If so, you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity to join our attractive, happy and growing international school in Shanghai.
About the School
Britannica International School Shanghai (www.britannicashanghai.com) is the only truly British owned and managed, British style, international school in Shanghai, and is part of the Orbital Education group. It offers learning and teaching experiences based on the Early Years Foundation Stage and English National Curriculum enhanced to meet the needs of its international student body. Secondary students are prepared for Cambridge University and Pearson Edexcel IGCSE and A Level examinations.
The school is accommodated in well-resourced and purpose-built premises that are situated in the high-quality residential district of Gubei, which is within 20 minutes of the vibrant Former French Concession area. It has a capacity for 750 pupils from 2 – 18 years of age, making it unique in the city with regard to its smaller school and family feel environment. The school currently has a student population of over 400 pupils. Class sizes are all under 22 pupils and often smaller.
About the Opportunity
The school is seeking to appoint a qualified IGCSE and A level Science Teacher. Applicants should be committed and outstanding teaching practitioners, possessing excellent teaching, organisational and communication skills.
We are seeking individuals who can apply a committed and common-sense approach to secondary education, such that it achieves outstanding results and happy children. The role requires an individual who can successfully motivate and inspire students, and who has sky-high expectations of what children can achieve and how they can behave. Experience of teaching and managing students from diverse nationality backgrounds and who are English Second language learners would be an advantage.
As an English school, specialising in the English National Curriculum to a diverse, international student population, strong English language is an essential requirement and applications from native-level speakers of English is essential.
Britannica has already built its reputation on high quality and high standards and as such it has similar high expectations of its staff. The school therefore welcomes fully qualified, flexible, creative, child-centred teachers who will further enhance the quality of teaching and learning and also be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of this busy school.
- are passionate about education,
- enjoy being part of a British owned and managed group of schools with all the consequent benefits this brings,
- inspire their pupils through their engaging and demanding teaching,
- participate in all aspects of school life,
- create a warm and safe community, to which parents and pupils are proud to belong,
- are flexible and have a sense of humour,
Benefits of working at an Orbital Education School
Orbital Education https://orbitaled.com/ focuses on delivering the very best in British education to its students around the globe. It’s an expanding group with schools already in Spain, Hungary, Slovenia, China, Russia, Ecuador and the Middle East, with exciting plans to develop new schools across the globe. Key reasons to work at an Orbital Education School include:
1. Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and students worldwide
2. Enhanced professional development opportunities, through partnerships with specialist learning providers to offer recognised and accredited professional development programmes.
3. Opportunities for both career development and movement within the group, providing opportunity to see the world whilst progressing an attractive and rewarding career.
Living and working in Shanghai
Shanghai is one of the largest cities in China, but is probably its most diverse and cosmopolitan, with a huge International community choosing to travel, live, and settle here. Shanghai provides an excellent lifestyle, with a combination of western cultures mixed with the best of China’s past and present, making Shanghai’s local culture unique in the world. Shanghai is an extremely safe, welcoming, and modern city, with its friendly occupants known for their hospitality, and the ability to make you feel at home. There are excellent education facilities, transportation, and amenities across the city, with two International airports providing excellent transport links across the world.
Applications - If this describes you and you are keen to join our excellent school and friendly, supportive and hardworking staff team, then we would welcome an application from you. Your application should be submitted by email and should include a CV with photograph, a letter of application and the names and email contacts of two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Please submit your application to the Principal, Mr. Paul Farrell at Principal@britannicashanghai.com
Closing date - 31st March 2022
Interviews will take place by skype and will commence immediately from the date of advertising. The school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline if the right candidate is found.
Safeguarding - Britannica International School, Shanghai is committed to safeguarding children and young people.
As part of the school’s commitment to safeguarding, all post-holders are subject to background checks and an International Child Protection Certificate administered by ACRO https://www.acro.police.uk/icpc/ (if ever worked or lived in the UK), Prohibition Checks where appropriate and/or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence. Prior to employment employees will also be required to present original and notarised copies of their professional qualifications.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check