Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher / Physics Teacher to join an over-subscribed popular secondary school in Hackney, East London. This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school require a Science Teacher / Physics Teacher who will teach all disciplines across KS3, and Physics to KS4 & KS5. NQTs are encouraged to apply. The school boasts a contemporary new building and a strong reputation for academic results, which are currently above average. Applications are welcomed from all Science specialisms, however they must be able to deliver Physics to KS5. The school is located close to local amenities with excellent transport links to enable easy access from Central London. This full time, permanent Science Teacher /Physics Teacher position is due to start in September 2019
About the Role
• Science Teacher / Physics Teacher
• Science to KS3
• Physics across KS4-KS5
• Full time permanent contract to commence September 2019
• £29664 – £48244
About the School
• Strong collaborative community school
• Rich curriculum encourages pupils to become independent learners
• Team of highly motivated teachers
• Striving for academic excellence with a challenging and inspiring curriculum
• Easily accessible with great transport links in East London
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher / Physics Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS in Science
• Good first degree in Science Discipline
• Proven experience of teaching Science to Key Stages 3 – 5 in the UK
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR36591.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.