Following the academy’s best ever GCSE results in August 2017, the academy are delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of Science to complement our existing department.
Under new leadership, this is an exciting time to join the academy. Our recent ‘Progress 8’ score showed Sheffield Springs Academy as the most improved secondary school in the city over the last academic year.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of Science to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about Science and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s. This role is for an Easter/September 2018 start.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the academy:
- A United Learning academy
- Sheffield Springs Academy is ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
- Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We would welcome applicants to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact: Sianne Wilson, PA at email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1164661?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2018, 9am
Interviews: To take place following week
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.