New school seeks science teacher looking for a change
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of our new Grove Academy family, who can share our vision and will enjoy working with us. We can offer you unique experiences, a new challenge and hopefully lots of fun. We can also offer you exciting professional development that you cannot get anywhere else. We are seeking for a science teacher to join our team of Project Based Learning Teachers who is able to apply their subject specialism in a very unique context.
Grove Academy is an all through school which opened in 2017 with both primary and secondary classes and will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including a 6th form. We are looking for an innovative science teacher to join us in our second year to not only instil a real passion for science but to deliver it via an exciting cross curricular project approach.
This is a great chance to shape science at Grove, by initially developing the KS3 curriculum alongside our project-based learning. Our curriculum is developing via ‘Big Questions’ and enables all pupils to place their learning within a real-life context. We are working closely with local businesses and organisations to ensure that our pupils leave Grove with the skills and character that employers seek. We link science when it fits to those projects and are keen to develop the subject through our Big Question approach.
A successful candidate will be in a prime position to help us shape the teaching of science across the whole school in the future.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- Good in house CPD offer
- Caring, well behaved and motivated students
- We want to learn from others and research, so providing networking opportunities for staff at all levels is important to us.
- Unique professional development pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible
We are looking for a science teacher who:
- Is passionate about their subject and ambitious for their students
- Is flexible and prepared to deliver other subjects as well as science through the project approach
- Evidence of raising achievement and delivering excellence
- Excited to work within a team of both primary and secondary staff who want to create a unique offer for our families
- A desire to provide students with experiences and opportunities they will never forget
We strongly recommend that you ring to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org If you email with your telephone number a member of the team will try to ring you back. Your next job is an important step and we want to ensure we are the right place for you. We are currently in temporary accommodation in the centre of Slough whilst a new school is built in the west of the town. Please see the application pack for details of the exciting design for the new school.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
Closing date: 25th February 2019
Grove Academy is the second school in the SASH Education Trust, which was set up by the Slough Association of Secondary Headteachers (SASH) as a vehicle for providing different choices for Slough families. As a result Grove has a unique, expert backing of professional colleagues and the support of our fellow trust school.
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application.
We hope to hear from you because this is going to be fun!
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough, SL3 7UX