Access School requires an innovative, creative and resilient Science Teacher with a vision for developing and using the outdoor space for September 2018 to delivery high quality learning opportunities within a therapeutic specialist provision for pupils with attachment difficulties and trauma, SEMH, ASD and MLD.
An enthusiastic, nurturing and innovative Science teacher is required for our small independent SEN school in rural Shropshire.
Are you a self motivated and creative Science teacher looking for something a little bit different? Do you want to make a huge difference to the futures of SEN pupils? Are you experienced in nurturing and engaging pupils through therapeutic and inclusive practice to support pupil outcomes and develop the social, emotional and mental health of children?
· Access School requires an exciting and creative Science teacher to teach pupils at KS3 and KS4 up to GCSE level.
· You will deliver learning across the curriculum and find creative ways to differentiate for pupils who find the routines of school difficult.
· There will be times where you are required to support KS1 and KS2 teaching a range of subjects according to the changing needs of the pupils.
· You will pay particular attention to the social and emotional needs of our pupils ensuring you become a secure base for them in their education.
· This is a challenging, demanding but very rewarding role where you have an opportunity to support our pupils in being the best they can be
We welcome and encourage school visits to support applications for this role.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the criteria within the person specification to be considered for this position.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Family Care Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
An informal discussion can be scheduled ahead of application.