Teacher of Science
Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium. The secondary school opened in 2010 and has grown year on year with each new intake of students with our first cohort of Year 13 students taking up their university places in 2017.
We have a strong and growing sixth form with an excellent take up of all three sciences. We have also recently introduced level 3 BTEC in applied science in the sixth form which is proving very popular. This is the result of the good work of our science department. GCSE outcomes are very good with over a third of students taking triple science.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Science who will join a dynamic and committed department from September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school. In particular we would welcome applicants who have taught level 3 BTEC in applied science and wish to developed their vocation practice further as part of our professional pathways programme. There are also opportunities opening up for a teacher with the right experience for promoted/lead posts.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach science at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Science or the potential to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a high functioning and cohesive all-through academy
- join highly successful science department that has an excellent track record for training science teachers
- access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, including moderation opportunities across all Ark Schools.
For further information please go to www.arkacademy.org. Please submit your application via the following link: https://goo.gl/6Ha3Ad by 9am, Friday 26th January 2018.
Deadline: 9am on Friday 26th January 2018.
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS (Inner London), £29,377 – £48,481, dependent on experience TLRs are additional
Location: Wembley Park, London (two-minute walk from Metropolitan and Jubilee line tube lines)
Start date: September 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.